Guest Aerial Workshops with Dan Saab
May 6 @ 4:30 pm - May 7 @ 8:30 pm60
Join the amazing NYC-based Dan Saab for a series of guest aerial workshops at MCS! See schedule, descriptions, and pricing below.
Wednesday, May 6th: Sling Workshops
- 4:30-6pm: Above the Loop
- 6-7:30pm: Low Hammock Flow
- 7:30-9pm: The Drop Shop
Thursday, May 7th: Lyra Workshops
- 5:30-7pm: Dynamic Movement
- 7-8:30pm: Lyra Flow
Above the Loop (Sling): This workshop deals with mostly leaving behind the bottom of the sling and venturing into the area in fabric above to incorporate more airborne-driven vocabulary into our sling practice. We will be learning some sling-specific vocabulary as well as incorporating movement that can be found on split silks to translate over to this apparatus.
* Prerequisites: Unassisted aerial invert from standing in the hammock, hold an inverted position for at least 10 seconds, previous experience with sling or split silks in some capacity, be able to climb a fabric and footlock
Low Hammock Flow (Sling): In this workshop, we will practice maneuvering through different sequences that mainly take place in the loop of the sling. This will cover rolls in and out of wraps as well as different poses throughout.
* Prerequisites: Familiarity and comfort in back straddle and standing, be able to get up and into the sling safely and without assistance
The Drop Shop (Sling): In this workshop, we will be exploring the dynamic aspect of a typically non-dynamic apparatus. We will cover all kinds of rolls, slides, and flips, as well as different entrances and exits for each. The focus of this workshop will be taking several commonly known wraps and applying different actions to each, while also learning new wraps to explore.
* Prerequisites: Familiarity and ease with traditional beginner and intermediate sling moves, prior experience with dynamic movement in sling, be able to invert in the air unassisted, be able to safely “diaper drop”/”front salto” without a spot, be able to safely “bomb drop”/”candy cane drop” without a spot
Dynamic Movement (Lyra): In this workshop, students will learn different flips and slides on the hoop to emphasize the dynamic nature of this apparatus. Students will take several commonly known poses and learn different drops and slides out of them in order to add flare to these tricks.
* Prerequisites: Straddle invert and tuck/pike invert under the bar with straight legs safely and without assistance, prior experience with dynamic movement in lyra, ease with foundational lyra skills
Lyra Flow (Lyra): This workshop covers the technical aspect of transitional movement and how to clean up the space between each trick. We will cover different sequences that focus on clean transitions for better lines and new trick vocabulary that may not be already known.
* Prerequisites: Familiarity and comfort in traditional lyra poses (mermaid, Amazon, back straddle, etc.), be able to get up into the hoop safely and without assistance
Questions regarding workshops or for scheduling private lessons, contact Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$60 / workshop.
Discounts for multiple workshops. Applied at checkout.
2 workshops = 10% discount
3 – 5 workshops = 15% discount
100% refund will be given to participants with 48 hours’ notice of cancellation. If for any reason the workshops are cancelled by the instructor, 100% refund will be issued.