The Madison Circus Space follows the most current local and national public health guidance. Our policy is currently:
If you have COVID-19:
Never come inside Madison Circus Space if you test positive or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19! This applies even if you have received a negative at-home test result for COVID.
Do not come back to MCS until your symptoms are gone. Symptoms of COVID-19 include a new onset of:
- fever or chills
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- shortness of breath
- muscle or body aches
- loss of taste or smell
- nausea or vomiting
Contact the Madison Circus Space ASAP if you:
- have been at MCS after you got exposed (or after you think you got exposed)
- receive a positive COVID-19 test result.
You can alert MCS online. MCS can tell students who got exposed to you so they can keep their friends and families safe. MCS can keep your identity private.
If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
“Close contact” means that you were within 6 feet of a person who had COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
Follow these three steps:
- Take a COVID test on the 5th day after you got exposed.
- Wear a mask around others at all times for 10 days after you got exposed.
- If you are fully vaccinated AND boosted, then you do not need to do anything else.
If you are fully vaccinated but not yet eligible for a booster, then you do not need to do anything else.
If you are NOT fully vaccinated and boosted, then you should quarantine. Stay home for 5 days.
Here’s information about what to do if you were exposed to someone with COVID.
You can follow this flowchart as well:
Also, the Madison Circus Space reminds you:
- Vaccinations for COVID-19 are safe and effective at preventing most severe illness. MCS encourages all participants and members of MCS get vaccinated and a booster, if possible.
- Ask for and receive consent to perform any partner or close contact work, except in an emergency rescue situation.
- Some classes or certain activities may require proof of vaccination to attend. Please check with your instructor or club leader about vaccination requirements.
- Please wear the highest quality mask that you can access.
- If possible, wear a N95, KN95, or KF94 mask.
- If you choose to wear a surgical mask, here is one way you can get a better fit.
- If you wear a cloth mask, it must be well-fitting and cover your nose and mouth completely at all times.
This graphic from the Wall Street Journal shows how long it takes to transmit COVID-19 if you’re wearing different types of masks. It’s time to wear better masks!