Madison Circus Space is thrilled to offer Acro Club. The club will take place on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to noon, during the winter months. (Check the Madison Circus Space calendar, as we are occasionally bumped for performances and events.) The club is free for all participants. Donations to MCS are accepted.
Please read the following rules carefully, as they now include important COVID safety precautions.
To participate in MCS Acro Club this winter, you must follow these COVID safety measures:
- Read and sign the MCS Waiver.
- Do not attend Acro Club if you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, have received a positive COVID test in the past 14 days, or have been exposed to someone with COVID in the past 14 days.
- Wear a mask. Flyers especially are encouraged to choose a mask that stays in place always.
- Wash your hands when you enter MCS.
- Sign in with current contact info when you arrive. This is important for contact tracing, in the event it is needed.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and mouth. If you do, wash your hands.
- If someone asks your vaccination status, you have the right not to answer. If someone chooses not to answer, no assumptions should be made about their vaccination status. Individuals who are not comfortable playing with someone that may be unvaccinated should make their decisions based on the information available to them.
- Traditionally, we’ve worked hard to make Acro Club a space inclusive to visitors and newcomers. Due to COVID, individuals may prefer to limit teaching experiences and/or only work with people they know. Please come to Acro Club with prior acro experience and a partner. If you don’t have prior acro experience or a partner, we invite you to contact Erin Rhoads via Facebook Messenger to discuss your options to join us.
What is Acro?
Acro combines elements of acrobatics, yoga, and dance. It is a joyful expression of strength, flexibility and communication between 2 or more people. And it’s fun! In the summer, our community meets at the Farmer’s Market. But, from November to April, we’re indoors at the Madison Circus Space.
When: Saturdays from November to April, 10:00 a.m. to noon. (Check the Madison Circus Space calendar, as we are occasionally bumped for performances and events.)
What: Open Acro Jam. All ages welcome. Children must be accompanied by adults. No formal instruction provided.
Cost: Free! Donations gladly accepted.
Please read these great etiquette guidelines and the safety policy below and come with an open mind and a willingness to explore!
Acro Club General Safety Policy:
- Everyone must sign a waiver each calendar year.
- Communication is key! If music is played, make sure it is at a low volume. It’s vitally important that spotters, bases and flyers can hear one another.
- Work within your safe skill-range. It can be tempting to try the big tricks before you’re ready. Don’t do it! We want you to be challenged. But, we want you to be safe.
- Use spotters! If you’re working on a new, challenging, or dangerous move, use spotters.
- Use crash mats when needed. We understand that there are times when crash mats will actually make things more dangerous (dynamic moves where the base needs to be able to move quickly, or spotters need to be able to move in circles around the base). But, if you’re working on a dangerous trick that would benefit from a crash mat, use one.
- Wear appropriate clothing – snug-fitting, non-slippery, easy-moving clothes work best. Remove any bling that could cut or injure your partner.
- Hosts can ask participants to stop any move they deem unsafe.
- People who the hosts consider dangerous to themselves or others may be asked to leave.
For more information contact Deanna Schneider or Stephanie Richards.