DYNAMIC TRAPEZE 1.5:
DYNAMIC TRAPEZE 2/3:
$110 for the five-week series
No drop-ins, but email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you know up front you will be missing more than one class, and we can work out a discount!
See specific prereq list above for each level!
Dynamic Trapeze 1.5:
If you have some aerial experience but are new to dynamic work, this class is for you! We’ll breeze over the basics and focus on building and executing beats, drops, circles, and beginning dynamic sequencing. We’ll also cover safe ways to fall so you can feel comfortable and in control both in class and during your own self-directed training.
Prerequisites (Dynamic 1.5):
- Comfort with knee hang, hip hang/front balance, mounting an apparatus, and standing on an apparatus
- One 5-second pull-up negative (overhand grip)
- Dead hang on a bar, overhand grip, for 15+ seconds
- Some prior experience with beats (of any type, on any apparatus) is helpful but not required
Dynamic Trapeze 2/3:
Looking for more than just poses on the trapeze? Learn to supplement your shapes with amazing dynamic movements. This course will cover the building blocks and progression of core dynamic skills, including beats, twists, drops, and circles. Class will contain a mixture of strength-based moves (such as meathooks, levers, toe and heel hangs) and momentum-based skills, such as drops to ankles and half twists. Adaptable to intermediate and advanced aerialists.
Prerequisites (Dynamic 2/3):
- One pull-up
- One tuck skin the cat (to horizontal) and return
- Front balance or front support position
- Unassisted knee hang with 10+ hamstring curls
- Ability to pullover to hips at full dead hang height (OK to use assistance from ropes)
About the Instructor
Carly teaches both German wheel and static trapeze at MCS. She received her aerial teacher training from Carrie Heller of the Circus Arts Institute in Atlanta, Georgia and the Introduction to Teaching Aerials program through Nimble Arts. Since then, she has furthered her personal aerial training with classes in San Francisco, London, Chicago, Québec City, Montréal, and Brattleboro, VT. Coming to static trapeze from a background in flying trapeze and wheel, Carly loves practicing and teaching dynamic movements like beats, circles, rolls, and drops. With beginners, Carly emphasizes strength and fundamentals, using fun teaching drills and conditioning exercises in her classes to help her students gain confidence and make tangible progress over time.